Formed in 1838, St. Peter Catholic Church was established in the “Gravois Settlement” of St. Louis County. The baptismal album has been preserved and is in most cases very legible. Since this record was transcribed, the Archdiocese’s records have been microfilmed and are available in the History and Genealogy Department at St. Louis County Library Headquarters and the Family History Library.

This record was transcribed before 1978 by StLGS volunteers with cooperation from Mrs. Ernst Stadler, acting director, and Mrs. Kathleen Schoene, librarian, of Missouri Historical Society, and Monsignor Edward J. O’Donnell of St. Peter’s.

This information was printed in the 1978 St. Louis Genealogical Society Quarterly, volume 11, number 2, pages 79–83.

Return to St. Peter Catholic congregation.

Return to St. Peter Catholic congregation.

Last modified: 05-Jul-2016 14:05