First Families of St. Louis
First Families of St. Louis is a lineage society whose objectives are to identify, recognize, and archive the lineage of historical St. Louis families.
Here’s what this exciting program is all about . . .
Why Should I Join First Families?
For your first application, you will receive a First Families lapel pin and a beautiful certificate suitable for framing. Subsequent approved applications will also include certificates. Most importantly, your family’s history will be archived for the future.
Requirements for Membership
To apply, you must be a member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society. Any member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society who can prove a straight-line descendancy from an early St. Louis resident in one of these three categories is eligible to join First Families:
If you are not yet a member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society, find out how to join!
To become a part of First Families of St. Louis take the following steps:
- Download an application from this website (4 pages–10 Kb) or contact the society’s office. PDF files are read by Adobe Acrobat Reader® or Preview for the Mac.
- Complete the application with appropriate documentation of your ancestry. The new interactive Guide for Completing a First Families of St. Louis Application will guide you through the application process. Please follow all the directions.
- Submit the application, documentation, and $30.00 non-refundable application fee (check made payable to “St. Louis Genealogical Society”) to the society office.
Sources for Appropriate Documentation
Download a copy of a PDF of what is acceptable proof so you know exactly what is required.
Benefits to Members
All approved members of First Families of St. Louis receive the following members’ benefits:
- Family histories archived for the future
- A beautiful certificate, suitable for framing
- A lapel pin for the first approved application
- Listing in the society’s publications
Imagine life in St. Louis more than 200 years ago . . .
- A world without roads, grocery stores, plumbing, electricity, or sewers.
- A world of fur traders, explorers, forts, log houses, and unmapped and unknown locations.
- This was your ancestors’ world! Preserve it for the future!
If you descend from one of the First Families of St. Louis, you certainly want your family’s Longevity, Courage, Fortitude, and Pioneer Spirit preserved and celebrated.
St. Louis Genealogical Society volunteers are available to assist you during any part of the application process.
For More Information, Contact
St. Louis Genealogical Society
#4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140
St. Louis, MO 63143
Want to Share a First Families of St. Louis Brochure with a Friend?
A copy of the brochure telling about this exciting program can be downloaded from this page in PDF format. (2 pages–20 Kb) or can be requested from the society’s office.
Last modified: 19-Dec-2019 11:04