The St. Louis Genealogical Society is staffed entirely by volunteers. There are many opportunities available from active involvement to just a few times per year. Volunteering for StLGS also allows you to meet and network with others who share your “passion” for genealogy.
Want to volunteer but cannot make it to our office? The Society recently announced a new Volunteer Data Entry System which allows Society members to work on a computer from home.
If you would like to be a St. Louis Genealogical Society volunteer, please check the list of opportunities below and complete either an online Volunteer form or a Volunteer Interest Form to be returned to the address on the form.
How to Volunteer
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you shortly. For more information, please contact us at 314-647-8547 or send an e-mail to .
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Computer Data Entry – Entering data for current research projects (at the Society office or at home with a computer and Internet access). If you have broadband Internet access, our Remote Data Entry system will allow you to enter data online.
- Proofreading – Verifying data entry for various projects (at the Society office or at home).
- General Office Work – Organizing, taking inventory, tracking sales, answering phones, greeting guests, etc.
- Annual Family History Conference – Staffing Society sales tables, handling traffic control, setting up and assisting with serving lunch, and acting as room monitors during the sessions.
- Writing for Publications – Writing book reviews and articles for the Society’s quarterly publication.
- Staffing Information Booth – Providing information about the Society at various fairs and events.
- Foreign Language(s) Translation – Working with genealogical records.
- Publicity/Advertising – Helping to create press releases, promote events, and contact media.
- Reading Room Assistance –Assisting visitors and working on projects at the Society office.
- Information Technology – Assisting with software, network support, and website development.
- Publication Production – Assisting with production, printing, and mailing Society publications.
Last modified: 27-Jan-2018 09:33