The society offers several options to renew your membership or join for the first time:
The St. Louis Genealogical Society is the largest local genealogical society in the nation. It is renowned in genealogical circles for its excellence in programming, resources, and membership services. Annual Membership Fees provide the following benefits:
Expand Your Research/Get Past Roadblocks
- Access to the exclusive Members Only section on the StLGS website
- Receipt of quality publications
- Use of “Ask Louie,” a free service to members only, giving advice, assistance, and direction on genealogical problems
- Discounts on Look-up Requests—including census and cemetery indexes, death and marriage records, obituaries from local newspapers, directory look-ups, etc.
Network with Others Interested in Genealogy
- Monthly Meetings & Programs
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Open House, Speaker Series, Research Trips, Research Institute
- Volunteer Opportunities
Obtain Discounts on Society Classes, Events and Products
- Free Beginning Genealogy Class and all other classes are now free to members
- Discounts on annual Family History Conference and Speaker Series
- Discounts on Society Research Trips such as Salt Lake City
- Discounts on Books, CDs, and other Society Products
The Society’s Family History Conference is the largest single-day genealogical event in the Midwest. The Speaker Series, held once each year, explores a selected topic in depth. The Society also sponsors an annual research trip in November to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. Led by professional genealogists with many years of experience in using the library, these trips offer a chance to spend a week researching at the largest library devoted to genealogy in the world in the company of others with similar interests.
Learn from the StLGS Professional Website
- Exclusive Members Only section with many family history resources
- Hundreds of thousands of names of St. Louisans
- Most recent registration forms, news, and genealogical information.
Support the St. Louis Genealogical Society
- Give Back to the Society
- Help Yourself While Helping Others
Membership provides a meaningful way to give back to the Society and help other researchers. Membership fees help fund a variety of the Society’s historical records collection and preservation projects. Our members also help the Society maintain our library and research facilities, produce high quality publications, and present informative classes and programs to enhance genealogical research.
Receive all of the membership benefits listed above.
Receive all of the membership benefits listed above for up to two people living in the same house.
Become a friend of the Society and receive all of the membership benefits listed above plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society pin.
Society patrons receive all of the membership benefits listed above plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society pin, and a one-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist.
Life Membership $600
Life members pay a one-time fee and receive all of the membership benefits listed above plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society Life Member pin, and a two-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist.
Last modified: 21-Jan-2017 12:07