The society offers several options to renew your membership or join for the first time:
Receive all of the membership benefits listed below.
Receive all of the membership benefits listed below for two people living in the same house.
Become a friend of the society and receive all of the membership benefits listed below plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society pin.
Society patrons receive all of the membership benefits listed below plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society pin, and a one-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist.
Life Membership $600
Life members pay a one-time fee and receive all of the membership benefits listed below plus a St. Louis Genealogical Society Life Member pin and a two-hour consultation with an experienced genealogist.
The St. Louis Genealogical Society is the largest local genealogical society in the nation. It is renowned in genealogical circles for its excellence in programming, resources, and membership services. StLGS members receive the following benefits:
- Members have access to an exclusive Members-Only area of our ever-growing website.
- Thousands of images of actual documents are being added regularly.
- Included on the site are hundreds of thousands of names of St. Louisans.
- Most recent registration forms, news, and genealogical information are always on the website.
Network with Others Interested in Genealogy
- Attend Monthly Meetings and Programs
- Participate in Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Receive our quality publication: the StLGS Quarterly Journal
- Enjoy our Family History Conference, Speaker Series, Research Trips, and Research Institute
- Give back with Volunteer Opportunities
Free Genealogy Classes and Discounts on Society Events and Products
- StLGS classes are free for members.
- Members get discounts on the annual Family History Conference and Speaker Series. (The society’s Family History Conference is the largest single-day genealogical event in the Midwest. The Speaker Series, held once or twice each year, explores a selected topic in depth.)
- Members get discounts on the annual Salt Lake City Research Trip. (The annual research trip in October/November to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, is led by professional genealogists with many years of experience in using the library. This trip offers a chance to spend a week researching at the largest library devoted to genealogy in the world in the company of others with similar interests.)
- Members get discounts on books, CDs, and other products we sell.
Your Membership Helps Support the St. Louis Genealogical Society
Membership provides a meaningful way to give back to the society and help other researchers. Membership fees help fund a variety of the society’s historical records collection and preservation projects. Our members also help the society maintain our research facilities, produce high quality publications, and present informative classes and programs to enhance genealogical research.
Questions about membership? Contact the vice president of membership at .
Last modified: 26-Sep-2017 10:17