St. Peter’s UCC, Normandy
The following index and/or records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1863.
In 1863, a group led by Herman Krueger, the sexton of St. Peter’s Cemetery already established on Lucas and Hunt Road in St. Louis County, asked the St. Peter’s Evangelical Church in St. Louis City for permission to establish a mission church to serve members who lived near the cemetery. The church agreed and also provided funding so a year later, the new congregation built a red brick building on a section of land taken from the northeast edge of the cemetery. In 1869, this congregation became the Concordia German Evangelical Church. In 1889, they changed their name to St. Peter’s and in 1938, they built a new church in Normandy, across the street from the cemetery. That church remained open until 1980 when the building was sold.
Location 1863–1938: St. Peter’s Cemetery, 2101 Lucas and Hunt Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63121
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6895741, -90.2971653 View Map
Location 1938–1980: 6905 St. Louis Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63121
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6881425, -90.2952935 View Map
St. Peter’s UCC Cemetery
St. Peter’s UCC Cemetery is open and active. For more information and a list of burials, click here.
Last Modified: 18-Oct-2022 10:27