St. James UCC
The following index and/or records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1886; closed in 1979
Also known as Deutsche Evangelische, St. Jacobi Gemeinde, St. James German Evangelical Church, and St. James Evangelical and Reformed Church, this congregation dedicated a new brick church in 1888 and served the German Evangelical residents in the College Hill area of North St. Louis for more than ninety years. Unable to continue their ministry in the changing neighborhood, the congregation disbanded in 1979. The church buildings continued to serve the community as the St. James Center, providing after-school programs, a food pantry, and a thrift store through the Neighborhood Houses Ministry.
St. James UCC on E. College Ave.
Location 1871–1887: DeSoto and McKissock Avenues, St. Louis, Missouri 63147
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.638.6778129,-90.2075756 View Map
Location 1888–1979: 1507 E. College Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63107
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.677098,-90.214594 View Map