The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional family register records from this church are available; please come to the StLGS office to view these records. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1906, closed in 1979
Before they had their own space, the earliest members of this group met during 1906 at the Walnut Park Presbyterian Church and later in a barn on nearby Wren Avenue. They built their church a year later at the intersection of Thekla and Plover Avenues. In 1924, they built a new education building that included a chapel, and in 1951, they built a sanctuary on the same site. At that time, they changed their name from Salvator Evangelical to Salvator United Church of ‘Christ. The church closed in 1979.
Location 1907–1979: 5266 Plover Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63120
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6985542,-90.2490547 View Map
5618 Thekla Ave.
5266 Plover Ave.