Hyde Park Congregational Church
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1881, closed in 1945
1501 Bremen Ave.
The Hyde Park Congregational Church first met at 9th and Salisbury Streets before moving into a former Presbyterian church located at 1501 Bremen Avenue. At the intersection of Bremen and Blair Avenues, the congregation built a new church in 1894. It cost $20,000 and was described as “three stories in front and two in the rear, the ground floor being two feet six inches below sidewalk level, and is devoted to Sunday school purposes . . .” The auditorium seated 700 and had an adjoining lecture room to accommodate 200 more. This beautiful, massive structure served the congregation until World War II. It was no longer listed in church directories as of 1945.
Location 1891–1883: 9th and Salisbury, St. Louis, Missouri 63147
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.661863, -90.198826 View Map
Location 1883–1894: 1501 Bremen Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63107
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.663225, -90.203888 View Map
Location 1894–1945: Bremen and Blair Avenues, St. Louis, Missouri 63107
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6626697, -90.2025824 View Map