The following indexes and records from this congregation are available:
Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1943; still open in 2016
In 1943, several families living in the St. Louis Hills neighborhood worked with Eden Seminary to help organize a new Evangelical and Reformed (E & R) church. Pastor Norman C. Zulauf came from Florida to help with the task, and the congregants met in what would become Nottingham School. The members purchased land on the southeast corner of Francis Park in 1945 and they dedicated their new chapel and education building in 1950. By 1955, the growing congregation needed a larger sanctuary and wanted more space for education. They erected a new building and an eighty-seven-foot tower that joined with their original building. In 1957, the E & R Church merged with the Congregational Christian Churches to become the United Church of Christ. The congregation became the Hope United Church of Christ. In subsequent years, the congregation has added air conditioning and a state of the art pipe organ as well as upgrading the sanctuary.
Address: 6273 Eichelberger Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63109
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.582172,-90.298929 View map