Emmaus Lutheran Church
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established 1894; still active in 2016
2600 Armand Pl.
The Trinity Lutheran Church established Emmaus as a mission church in 1889. In 1894 the congregation erected a modest two-story building, which became the Emmaus Evangelical Lutheran Church. The first floor of the building served as a school and the second floor was used as a chapel. In 1896, the congregation rebuilt the church after it was damaged by a tornado.
In 1902, they built a new church at the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Armand Place. In 1926, the church established a new school at 2617 Shenandoah Avenue, but the school closed in 1975 and is, as of 2016, the Eagle College Prep School.
Address: 2241 South Jefferson Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63104
Telephone No.: 314-776-1274
Location 1889–1894: Jefferson Avenue and Armand Place, St. Louis, Missouri 63104
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6084899,-90.2244976 View map
Location 1894–1902: 2600 Armand Place, St. Louis, Missouri 63104
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.608241,-90.2249717 View map
Location 1902–Present: 2241 South Jefferson Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63104
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6079333,-90.2233747 View map