St. Louis Genealogical Society is excited to offer
a service in which volunteers offer advice about where to locate genealogical records for St. Louis City or St. Louis County. As an all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization, StLGS relies on volunteers to provide the Ask Louie service.
| Guidelines for using Ask Louie are as follows:
Each Ask Louie request needs to include the following information:
- The full name of the person requesting information
- An email address and/or mailing address
- A specific question about St. Louis research that should include (if known):
- The name of the person or couple (if married)
- A date with day/month/year (Approximate dates yield fewer results.)
- The location where the event took place (St. Boniface Church, Bellefontaine Cemetery, Florissant)
- The specific type of record requested (cemetery, church, etc.)
- The specific resources you have researched already
Responses will be sent electronically via email.
Learn How to Ask a Good Question by clicking here.
For a flyer on Researching in St. Louis, click here.
Ready to get started? Send an e-mail to with your specific question. A volunteer from StLGS will contact you as soon as possible.
Give Ask Louie a try!
Last modified: 15-Jan-2018 17:39