St. Paul’s UCC Oakville
The following records from this congregation are available:
Confirmations from 1883 to 1936
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1844; still open in 2018
Called the German Evangelical Congregation of St. Paul at Mathees Creek, this church was organized by Reverend C. Nollau after he helped to found St. John’s Church in Mehlville. For about seventy-four years, they held services in a small log building near Heintz and Old Baumgartner Roads. In 1905, the congregation purchased three acres of land on Telegraph Road and built a parsonage and school. In July 1918, they erected a new church on that site, which they added to in 1949. Several other additions to the church and the grounds followed, with an education building behind the church completed in 1977. Continued growth and financial support allowed the congregation to add a new sanctuary in 1998.
Address: 5508 Telegraph Road, Oakville, Missouri 63129
Location 1844–1918: Heintz and Old Baumgartner Roads, St. Louis, Missouri 63129
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.468851,-90.3267449 View Map
Location 1918–present: 5508 Telegraph Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63129
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.4725252,-90.3060993 View Map
5508 Telegraph Road
Heintz and Baumgartner
St. Paul’s Cemetery was established at 3351 Old Baumgartner Road in Oakville, Missouri in 1844.
For access to St. Paul’s Cemetery, click here.