St. John’s UCC-Chesterfield
The following records and indexes from this congregation are available:
Confirmations from 1894 to 1936
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1892; still an active congregation
This congregation began in 1892 as the Bellefontaine German Evangelical Church located exactly where it is today, but what was then a rural area in west St. Louis County. The early congregants consisted of German immigrants, mostly farmers.
The first church building was the sanctuary built in 1893 at a cost of $1,800. The congregation continued to grow in membership and from 1907 to 1956 they added several parcels of land for future expansion and built an addition to the sanctuary which provided classrooms and a basement. In 1957, the Evangelical and Reformed Church and the Congregational Church merged to become the United Church of Christ. In 1958, a new Sunday School building was added. A new sanctuary was completed in 1962 and in 1970, a new parsonage was completed. With the purchase of the Woodruff property in 1977, the church property totaled almost twenty acres.
Their campus today includes a sanctuary that seats more than 350 people, a fellowship hall, gymnasium, meeting and conference rooms, and classrooms. As the surrounding community has changed, so too has this active congregation.
Address: 15370 Olive Boulevard, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Location 1892–present: 15370 Olive Boulevard, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6588339, -90.550801 View Map
St. John’s UCC Congregation maintains a cemetery for congregation members only. The cemetery was established in 1896 and is adjacent to the church grounds.
For access to the St. John’s UCC cemetery in Chesterfield, click here.