The following indexes and records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Opened 1853; still open in 2016
A Sunday school was established at Morgan (now Delmar) near Garrison in 1853. In 1866, this group built Pilgrim Congregational Chapel at 2843 Washington Avenue. A split in the congregation in 1869 led to the founding of another congregation called Mayflower Congregational Church (later called Third Congregational.)
826 Union Blvd.
In 1906, Pilgrim Congregational moved to 826 Union Avenue. They added a new chapel in 1940. In 1957, the congregation joined the United Church of Christ and the church was renamed Pilgrim United Church of Christ.
Address: 826 Union Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63108
Location 1853–1866: Washington and Garrison, St. Louis, Missouri 63103
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6366821, -90.2235737 View Map
Location 1866–1906: 2843 Washington Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63103
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6361891, -90.2212451 View Map
Location 1906–present: 826 Union Boulevard, St. Louis, Missouri 63108
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6545058, -90.2747671 View Map
Last modified: 11-Jan-2022 15:10