Old Orchard Congregational Church (UCC)
The following records from this congregation are available:
Established in 1890; closed in 1947
Some members of the Congregational Church of Webster Groves organized a new church in 1890 and called it the Old Orchard Congregational Church. In 1897, they built a “shingle-style Queen Anne” structure, which received a pipe organ from Andrew Carnegie in 1904. In 1947/1948, membership declined, leading to closure of the church. Other congregations used the building until the 1970s. In 1981, the Old Orchard Presbyterian Congregation purchased the building, and, as of 2020, the property is still in use by them, called Old Orchard Church.
Location 1897–1947: 640 Amelia Avenue, Webster Groves, Missouri 63119