Maplewood Congregational Church
The following records from this congregation are available:
Members Removed from 1893 to 1910(Within this list of members who left the congregation are many notices of deaths.)
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1893; left the UCC denomination in 1960
1517 McCausland Avenue
This congregation, often called Maplewood’s first church, began in 1893 as the Church of the Covenant. In 1897, their church building, just a year old, was destroyed by a tornado.
By 1911, they had erected a new building on the same site, which they occupied for thirty years before relocating to St. Louis City. Their new home had been the McCausland Avenue Presbyterian Church. The congregation left the UCC in 1960, becoming a member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference.
Location 1896–1897, 1911–1941: 2736 Sutton Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63143
Location 1941–1960: 1517 McCausland Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63117