The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1952; still active in 2018
Members of this congregation began meeting in each others’ homes in 1951 and then in an office building on Manchester Road. In May 1952, they incorporated as the Kirkwood Evangelical and Reformed church. Their founding pastor, Rev. John Schroeder, a graduate of Eden Theological Seminary, helped the fledgling congregation purchase three and a half acres at the corner of Dougherty Ferry and Lindemann Roads.
The first structure erected at that location was the sanctuary in 1954. A few years later (1957), the church changed their name to Kirkwood United Church of Christ when the Evangelical and Reformed and Congregational Christian denominations merged. They added an education wing and a parsonage in the 1970s.
From the 1970s to the 1990s, the church shared many of their programs and their choir with Faith Presbyterian Church.
1603 Daugherty Ferry Rd.
In 1992, the facilities underwent a major remodeling and they added a new classroom and office space. In 2011, the congregation sold the parsonage built in the 1970s on Lindemann Road and are now using a house to the east built in 2009 as their parsonage.
Address:1603 Dougherty Ferry Road, Kirkwood, Missouri 63122
GPS: Latitude: 38.5882322 Longitude -90.4360112 View Map