Ebenezer Evangelical, now Epiphany UCC
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1886; still active in 2017
2921 McNair Avenue
In 1886, the Evangelical Synod Mission Board organized a new congregation, called Ebenezer Evangelical, to serve southwestern St. Louis. The members initially met in a former Methodist chapel on McNair Avenue, and the congregation purchased the building the following spring. They erected a parochial school building in 1887. The growing congregation built a church on an adjoining lot and dedicated that building in 1891. In 1964, the struggling St. Andrew Evangelical Church on California and Juniata Street merged with Ebenezer to become the Epiphany United Church of Christ. The church continues to serve the Benton Park neighborhood at the former Ebenezer church location.
Address: 2911 McNair Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63118
Location 1886–1891: 2921 McNair Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63118
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): @38.5995142,-90.2214415 View Map
Location 1891–present: 2911 McNair Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63118
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): @38.599785,-90.2213871 View Map