Christ the King UCC
The following indexes from this congregation are available:
These are indexes only. As of 2016, we do not have this congregation’s permission to publish actual images online. However, this may change in the future.
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established 1856; still active in 2016
In 1856, a group from Holy Ghost Evangelical Church, led by their pastor, Rev. Picker, organized the Independent German Evangelical Protestant Congregation at 8th Street and Mound Avenue. They sold the site to the North St. Louis Christian Church in 1869 and moved again. During this time, they became known as the Independent Evangelical Protestant Church.
In 1917, they moved again within St. Louis. By this time, they were also called the Independent Evangelical Congregational Church. In 1957, their official name became the Congregational United Church of Christ.
In 1959 and 1960, the congregation held services in the Paul Revere Temple before relocating once again, this time to their present location in north St. Louis County, in 1960. In 1998, they assumed their current name.
Address: 11370 Old Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, Missouri 63033
Telephone No.: 314-741-6808
11370 Old Halls Ferry Road
4001 Fair Avenue
Location 1856–1869: 8th and Mound Streets, St. Louis, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6420908,-90.1875492 View Map
(PLEASE NOTE: This location is approximate. 8th and Mound Streets no longer intersect. Segments of those streets have been eliminated in that area by the Interstate 70 overpass to the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge.)
Location 1869–1917: 13th and Webster (now Tyler) Street, St. Louis, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6446345,-90.1951049 View Map
Location 1917–1959: 4001 Fair Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.669068,-90.2295507 View Map
Location 1959–1960: Newby and Theobold (Paul Revere Temple), St. Louis, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.7172278,-90.2378543 View Map
Location 1960–Present: 11370 Old Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, Missouri 63033
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.780188,-90.2677917 View Map
Many of the members of this congregation were buried at the New Pickers Cemetery (also known as Gatewood Gardens) as well as the Old Pickers Cemetery.
For more information on New Pickers cemetery, click here.
For more information on Old Pickers cemetery, click here.
Last modified: 16-Aug-2018 10:42