Bethany Evangelical Church, Wildwood
The following indexes and/or records from this congregation are available:
Confirmations from 1921 to 1928
Deaths Recorded from 1921 to 1929
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established: 1921, closed in 1929
Map from the Plat Book of St. Louis County, Missouri, 1909, originally published by the Northwest Publishing Company, Des Moines, Iowa; reprinted by St. Louis Genealogical Society with permission from County Executive Charlie Dooley in 2007.
In 1907 a group of people from the Wild Horse community in Meramec Township united to organize a new Presbyterian church on donated land. They erected a church and the congregation began to grow. After the church transferred their minister, the members found it difficult to find other clergy to conduct services at the remote church and in 1916 services ceased. A committee contacted Rev. Schumacher at the Gumbo Evangelical Church in August 1916, and requested him to hold services on every other Sunday at their church. This arrangement worked well and the church again became active. On 1 April 1921 members organized as the Bethany Evangelical Church of Wild Horse. The St. Louis Presbytery approved the change, dissolved the old church, and transferred the deed to the new Evangelical church. However, church records end in 1929, indicating this congregation apparently did not survive either.
Address: Wild Horse Creek Road, Meramec Township, Wildwood, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.604892, -90.707398 View Map