Saint Liborius Catholic Church
The following indexes and records from this congregation are available:
The index to marriages from 1857 to 1895 was created by Christy Hughes, and we thank her for allowing us to use it. We now also have the records from the Catholic Archdiocese for marriages from 1895 through 1940, and we have indexed those as well.
Established in 1856; closed in 1992
Established as a German national parish, the congregation met at North Market and Hogan Streets, where it completed constructing a beautiful church building in 1889. A rectory was added a year later and a convent in 1905. The School Sisters of Notre Dame held a school for the parish from 1859 to 1969. As the number of Catholics in the neighborhood diminished, the congregation merged with Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Holy Name, and Holy Trinity, before finally closing the church in 1992. The building, once in a state of deterioration, has been renovated. It is now on the National Register of Historic Places, and the interior has been converted into a private skate park.
Address: 1840 Hogan Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63106
Latitude/Longitude: 38.6465732,-90.20196 View Map
Last Modified: 24-Mar-2022 09:45