The Map

The Google map below reflects St. Louis in 2022. Each location of each congregation has been plotted on this map. For help using the map, visit Map Help below.


Check to Show Non-Indexed Congregations

Link to genealogical data for a closed Catholic church by clicking on the name below. If the name of the church is not a link, we currently have no genealogical data for that parish. However, you can see a brief history of the church by clicking here to go to the list of closed parishes on the website of the Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis.

The street addresses and dates in the following index represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and congregation histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.

Parish Name Opened Closed Map Link Mergers or Building razed
Annunciation - St. Louis City 1861 1951 View Map Building demolished in 1951.
Ascension / St. Paul - Normandy 1947 2008 View Map Ascension and St. Paul (Pine Lawn) merged in 1995 to form Ascension/St. Paul, which closed in 2008.
Assumption - St. Louis City 1861 1965 View Map Building demolished.
Corpus Christi - Jennings 1915 2005 View Map In 2005, the parish merged with St. Lucy to form Holy Name of Jesus Parish.
Good Shepherd - Ferguson 1958 2005 View Map In 2005, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta was formed by merging Good Shepherd, Sts. John & James, St. Bartholomew, and St. Sebastian.
Holy Angels / Our Lady of the Angels - Kinloch 1931 2002 View Map In 2002, the property was donated to the City of Kinloch for a Museum and learning center, the church demolished.
Holy Cross - St. Louis City 1863 1993 View Map Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Holy Cross merged to form Our Lady of the Holy Cross in 1993.
Holy Family - St. Louis City 1898 2005 View Map  
Holy Ghost - Berkeley 1923 1999 View Map  
Holy Ghost - St. Louis City 1879 1962 View Map Visitation and Holy Ghost merged in 1961 to form Visitation-Holy Ghost. It was renamed Visitation in 1975.
Holy Guardian Angels - St. Louis City 1866 1991 View Map  
Holy Innocents - St. Louis City 1854 2005 View Map  
Holy Trinity - St. Ann 2002 2020 View Map 3500 St. Luke Lane
Immaculate Conception - St. Louis City 1854 1977 View Map In 1977, St. Henry merged with Immaculate Conception to form Immaculate Conception/St. Henry.
Immaculate Conception / St. Henry - St. Louis City 1977 2005 View Map In 1977, St. Henry merged with Immaculate Conception to form Immaculate Conception/St. Henry.
Mary, Queen of the Universe - Lemay 1955 2003 View Map The church became the chapel for St. Mark school.
Most Blessed Sacrament - St. Louis City 1908 2001 View Map  
Most Holy Name of Jesus - St. Louis City 1865 1992 View Map In 1992, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Most Holy Name, St. Liborius and Most Holy Trinity merged into the Most Holy Trinity location.
Most Holy Rosary - St. Louis City 1891 1994 View Map In 1994, St. Engelbert and Most Holy Rosary merged to form St. Elizabeth Mother of John the Baptist.
Most Holy Trinity (Slovak) - St. Louis City 1898 1982 View Map .
Most Precious Blood - St. Louis City 1961 2003 View Map  
Nativity of Our Lord - St. Louis City 1904 1982 View Map  
North American Martyrs - Florissant 1955 2005 View Map  
Notre Dame de Lourdes - Wellston 1902 1992 View Map In 1992, the parish of St. Augustine was formed by merging Notre Dame, St. Barbara, St. Mark, St. Rose and St. Edward.
Our Lady Help of Christians - St. Louis City 1900 1975 View Map Building demolished in 1975.
Our Lady of Covadonga - St. Louis City 1915 1932 View Map  
Our Lady of Czestochowa - St. Louis City 1906 1957 View Map Building demolished in 1957.
Our Lady of Fatima - Florissant 1950 2005 View Map In 2005, St. Philippine Duchesne Parish was formed by merging St. Dismas, Our Lady of Fatima and St. Thomas the Apostle.
Our Lady of Good Counsel - Bellefontaine Neighbors 1951 2005 View Map  
Our Lady of Good Counsel - St. Louis City 1894 1950 View Map Parish moved to Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO.
Our Lady of Loretto - Spanish Lake 1959 2005 View Map In 2005, the parish of Our Lady of the Rosary was formed by merging Our Lady of Loretto (Spanish Lake) St. Aloysius (Spanish Lake) and a portion of Transfiguration.
Our Lady of Mercy - Hazelwood 1964 2005 View Map  
Our Lady of Mount Carmel - St. Louis City 1871 1993 View Map Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Holy Cross merged to form Our Lady of the Holy Cross in 1993.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help - St. Louis City 1874 1992 View Map A fire destroyed the church in 1987. In 1992, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Most Holy Name, St. Liborius and Most Holy Trinity merged into the Most Holy Trinity location.
Our Lady of the Rosary - Spanish Lake 2005 2016 View Map Our Lady of the Rosary Parish was formed in 2005, with the merger of Our Lady of Loretto, St. Aloysius (Spanish Lake) and a small portion of Transfiguration (Florissant) parishes.
Sacred Heart of Jesus - St. Louis City 1871 1978 View Map The building was destroyed by fire in 1986.
St. Simon of Cyrene - St. Louis City 1993 2005 View Map Simon of Cyrene was formed from the merger of St. Philip Neri and St. Adalbert parishes in 1993.
St. Adalbert - St. Louis City 1912 1993 View Map St. Adalbert and St. Philip Neri merged to form Simon of Cyrene in 1993.
St. Agnes - St. Louis City 1891 1993 View Map  
St. Aloysius - Spanish Lake 1908 2005 View Map In 2005, the parish of Our Lady of the Rosary was formed by merging Our Lady of Loretto (Spanish Lake) St. Aloysius (Spanish Lake) and a portion of Transfiguration.
St. Aloysius Gonzaga - St. Louis 1892 2005 View Map The buildings were demolished.
St. Ann, Mother B.V.M. - St. Louis City 1897 1992 View Map In the summer of 1992 it was merged with Visitation-Holy Ghost.
St. Ann Shrine (Visitation) - St. Louis City 1995 2016 View Map  
St. Augustine - St. Louis City 1874 1982 View Map  
St. Barbara - St. Louis City 1893 1992 View Map In 1992, the parish of St. Augustine was formed by merging Notre Dame, St. Barbara, St. Mark, St. Rose and St. Edward.
St. Bartholomew - Hazelwood 1959 2005 View Map In 2005, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta was formed by merging Good Shepherd, Sts. John & James, St. Bartholomew, and St. Sebastian.
St. Bernard - St. Louis City 1874 1973 View Map The building was razed for highway construction.
St. Blaise - St. Louis City 1961 2004 View Map In 2004 St. Blaise and St. Lawrence (Bridgeton) merged to form Holy Spirit Parish.
St. Bonaventure - St. Louis City 1871 1883 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Boniface - St. Louis City 1860 2005 View Map  
St. Bridget of Erin - St. Louis City 1853 2003 View Map  
St. Casimir - Hathaway Manor 1956 1992 View Map  
St. Casimir - St. Louis City 1889 1955 View Map Building was razed for highway construction.
St. Catherine of Alexandria - Riverview 1958 2005 View Map  
St. Catherine of Siena - Pagedale 1921 2005 View Map  
St. Charles Borromeo - St. Louis City 1903 1982 View Map Buildings were demolished.
St. Christopher - Florissant 1967 2005 View Map  
St. Columbkille - St. Louis City 1872 1952 View Map  
St. Dismas - Florissant 1957 2005 View Map In 2005, St. Philippine Duchesne Parish was formed by merging St. Dismas, Our Lady of Fatima and St. Thomas the Apostle.
St. Dominic Savio - Affton 1956 2018 View Map In 2018, St. George and St. Dominic Savio merged to form St. John Paul II Parish.
St. Edward - St. Louis City 1893 1992 View Map In 1992, the parish of St. Augustine was formed by merging Notre Dame, St. Barbara, St. Mark, St. Rose and St. Edward.
St. Elizabeth - St. Louis City 1873 1951 View Map The parish was suppressed by Cardinal Ritter to encourage racial integration.
St. Engelbert - St. Louis City 1891 1994 View Map In 1994, St. Engelbert and Most Holy Rosary merged to form St. Elizabeth Mother of John the Baptist.
St. Francis Xavier - St. Louis City 1841 1884 View Map  
St. Frances Xavier Cabrini - Jennings 1965 1999 View Map In 2005 it closed as a parish and was reopened as an oratory run by the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest.
St. Francis De Sales - St. Louis City 1867 2005 View Map In 2018, St. George and St. Dominic Savio merged to form St. John Paul II Parish.
St. George - Affton 1915 2018 View Map  
St. Gregory - St. Ann 1942 2002 View Map  
St. Hedwig - St. Louis City 1904 2005 View Map In 1977, St. Henry merged with Immaculate Conception to form Immaculate Conception/St. Henry.
St. Henry - St. Louis City 1885 1977 View Map  
St. Jerome - Bellefontaine Neighbors 1952 2005 View Map Closed as a parish in 2005 and reopened as a chapel. They still retain the sacramental registers.
St. John Nepomuk - St. Louis City 1854 2005 View Map It was closed in 1979 and reclassified as a shrine.
St. Joseph - St. Louis City 1844 1979 View Map  
St Joseph National Lithuanian - St. Louis City 1915 1970 View Map  
St. Kevin - St. Ann 1953 2002 View Map  
St. Kevin - St. Louis City 1876 1904 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Lawrence O'Toole - St. Louis City 1855 1948 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Lawrence the Martyr - Bridgeton 1960 2004 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Leo - St. Louis City 1888 1978 View Map In 1992, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Most Holy Name, St. Liborius and Most Holy Trinity merged into the Most Holy Trinity location.
St. Liborius - St. Louis City 1856 1992 View Map  
St. Louise de Marillac - Jennings 1935 1999 View Map
St. Lucy - Jennings 1957 1999 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Malachy - St. Louis City 1858 1959 View Map In 1992, the parish of St. Augustine was formed by merging Notre Dame, St. Barbara, St. Mark, St. Rose and St. Edward.
St. Mark - St. Louis City 1893 1992 View Map Closed as a parish in 2005 and reopened as a chapel.
St. Mary of Victories - St. Louis City 1860 2005 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Mary's - Bridgeton 1851 2001 View Map  
St. Michael the Archangel - St. Louis City 1849 1975 View Map  
St. Patrick - St. Louis Convention Center 1981 2009 View Map The parish closed in 2001 and is now St. Andrew Kim Catholic Church.
St. Patrick - University City 1940 2001 View Map Building was demolished.
St. Patrick - St. Louis City (6th and Biddle) 1843 1973 View Map Ascension and St. Paul (Pine Lawn) merged in 1995 to form Ascension/St. Paul, which closed in 2008.
St. Paul the Apostle - Pine Lawn 1909 1995 View Map  
St. Peter Claver - Kinloch 1916 1956 View Map  
St. Philip Neri - St. Louis City 1919 1993 View Map St. Adalbert and St. Philip Neri merged to form Simon of Cyrene in 1993.
St. Pius X - Glasgow Village 1954 2005 View Map  
St. Rose of Lima - St. Louis City 1884 1992 View Map In 1992, the parish of St. Augustine was formed by merging Notre Dame, St. Barbara, St. Mark, St. Rose and St. Edward.
St. Sebastian - St. Louis City 1953 2005 View Map In 2005, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta was formed by merging Good Shepherd, Sts. John & James, St. Bartholomew, and St. Sebastian.
St. Stanislaus Kostka - St. Louis City 1880 2005 View Map Due to a schism in 2005, the parish was canonically suppressed and is not affiated with the Roman Catholic Church.
St. Stephen of Hungary - St. Louis City 1934 1957 View Map  
St. Teresa of Avila - St. Louis City 1885 2003 View Map  
St. Thomas More - Bel Ridge 1957 1999 View Map  
St. Thomas of Aquin - St. Louis City 1882 2005 View Map  
St. Thomas the Apostle - Florissant 1960 2005 View Map In 2005, St. Philippine Duchesne Parish was formed by merging St. Dismas, Our Lady of Fatima and St. Thomas the Apostle.
St. Timothy - St. Louis City 1958 2003 View Map  
St. William - Woodson Terrace 1953 2002 View Map  
Sts. John and James - Ferguson 1882 2005 View Map In 2005, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta was formed by merging Good Shepherd, Sts. John & James, St. Bartholomew, and St. Sebastian.
Sts. Mary and Joseph - St. Louis City 1821 2005 View Map Closed as a parish in 2005 and reopened as a chapel.
Transfiguration - Florissant 1965 2005 View Map In 2005, the parish of Our Lady of the Rosary was formed by merging Our Lady of Loretto (Spanish Lake) St. Aloysius (Spanish Lake) and a portion of Transfiguration.
Visitation / St. Ann - St. Louis City 1992 2016 View Map Visitation merged with Holy Ghost in 1961 to form Visitation-Holy Ghost. It was renamed Visitation in 1975. In 1992, it merged with St. Ann Parish and Shrine to form Visitation/St. Ann Shrine.

Coordinates of the Closed Churches are courtesy of St. Louis Closed Catholic Parishes and Gavin Rehkemper.

Map Help

  • In order to see the congregation icons, you will need to zoom into the map.
    • Do so by using the scroll wheel on your mouse.
    • Alternatively, you can click on the plus/minus icons on the bottom right of the map.
  • Clicking the little broken square in the upper right of the map enters full screen, which will also enlarge the map.
  • Once the icons are clearly visible, if you click on a specific icon, you will see the name and address of the congregation at that location.
  • Click on the name link to go to the page on our website for that congregation.
  • To exit the full screen, just press the Escape (ESC) key on the upper far left of your keyboard.

Last Modified: 29-Mar-2022 09:57