St. Andrew Presbyterian Church, City
The following indexes from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1949
This is a fairly modern congregation, beginning as a Sunday school in January 1949 with forty-three students meeting in portable classrooms at Busch School. The Sunday school was sponsored by Southampton Presbyterian Church, but the new group, under the leadership of Rev. William A. Murdoch, ultimately separated from the original church.
St. Andrew Church members erected a temporary structure in early 1950 at 6933 Hampton before buying land at Loughborough and Southland later that year. They were recognized as an independent congregation on 23 February 1951, when their membership had grown to 108.
They held their first service in the temporary building in early December 1950. They finally broke ground for their new church in February 1959, and on 20 December 1959 they held their first service in the building on Loughborough. The congregation reached a membership of more than 700 members by the end of 1966, although as of 2022, their numbers had greatly diminished.
Address: 5905 Loughborough Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63109:
Telephone No.: 314-353-0979:
No website at this time
Location 1950–1959: 6933 Hampton Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63109
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5731617, 90.2974905 View Map
Location 1959–present: 5905 Loughborough Avenue., St. Louis, Missouri 63109
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5744638, -90.3048357 View Map