Genealogical Data

The following indexes and/or records from this congregation are available:

Baptisms from 1861 to 1886

Members from 1845 to 1872, 1884 to 1890

Deaths from 1849 to 1894


Established: 1845, Closed: 2005

A group of Presbyterians established a church 1845 on the northeastern corner of McKnight and Manchester roads. Due to declining membership, the historic church closed in 2005 and the Giddings-Lovejoy Presbytery began searching for a buyer. The United African Presbyterian congregation used the site between 2006–2010.

The Presbytery sold the property, which is now a gas station. Carl Bolm purchased the old church building. He dismantled the church and moved it to his Cedar Lake Cellars Winery near Foristell in Warren County in 2012. He donated the church pews to the Civil War Museum at Jefferson Barracks.

Address: 9407 Manchester Road, Rock Hill, Missouri 63144

GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.609803,-90.36306 View Map

Rock Hill Presbyterian
Photo © 2011 Donald A. Wallace
(Used with permission)

Rock Hill Presbyterian had a cemetery near the church. However, after the Civil War, the cemetery disappeared when some of the bodies were moved to Oak Hill Cemetery, now Forever Oak Hill in Kirkwood, St. Louis County.

Access to Rock Hill Presbyterian Cemetery

Last Modified: 11-Jan-2022 15:11