Vinita Park Methodist Church
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old, marriages forty-five years old, and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1910
Vinita Park Church began in 1910, when a group of worshipers rented a store front until they could raise enough money to purchase property. They bought a residence for refurbishment on the site where the church now stands. In 1914, the congregation was accepted by the Methodists, and by 1924, the church membership had grown so much that a new building was needed.
They broke ground for a new church on their property at 8145 Page Avenue and moved into their church in 1926. By this time, the church was called “The Community Church” because of their extensive outreach in the community. Eventually, the congregation became The Village Church of St. Louis.
In October 2013, a fire destroyed the building. The congregation and community rallied to rebuild and the church opened again a year and a half after the fire. It is unclear how long they remained open, but as of 2019, the church is closed.
Location 1910–1914: Harrison and Page, St. Louis, Missouri 63130
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6835689, -90.3357424 View Map
Location 1914–present: 8145 Page Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63130
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.6839142, -90.3351707 View Map