Protestant churches often were named based on their location and if a church moved with the membership, the name of the church may have changed accordingly.

Any location not otherwise designated is in the City of St. Louis.

The street addresses and dates in the following index represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and congregation histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.

Congregation Location Approximate Dates
All Saints Episcopal (This church was formed when the name was changed from Mission of the Savior) 5010 Terry Avenue
2831 North Kingshighway Boulevard
Locust & Garrison Streets
21st & Washington Streets
11th & Washington Streets
6th & Cerre (Good Sheppard) Streets
2006–
1957–2005
1906–1956
1883–1905
1881–1882
1874–1880
Ascension Episcopal 4520 Lucas & Hunt Roads, Northwoods
5872 Maple Avenue
2006–
         –2005
Christ Church Cathedral 1210 Locust Street at 13th Street
5th & Chestnut Streets
3rd & Chestnut Streets
1862–
1840–1861
1819–1839
Christ Church Episcopal Church 320 North 13th Street 1860–
Church of St. Michaels & St. George Episcopal 6345 Ellenwood at Wydown Avenues, Clayton 1845–
Church of the Advent 9373 Garber Road, Crestwood 1960–
Church of the Ascension 850 North Goodfellow Avenue 1889–1969
Church of the Epiphany 2145 Dougherty Ferry Road, Kirkwood 1937–
Church of the Good Shepherd 1166 South Mason Road, Town & Country 1954–
Church of the Holy Communion (This facility merged with Holy Communion Episcopal) 7401 Delmar Boulevard, University City
609 Leffingwell Avenue
1939–
1869–1938
Emmanuel Episcopal 9 South Bompart Avenue, Webster Groves 1866–
Grace Episcopal 2600 Hadley Street 1846–
Grace Episcopal 514 East Argonne Drive, Kirkwood
216 East Argonne Drive, Kirkwood
2006–
1860–2005
Holy Communion Episcopal (This facility became Church of the Holy Communion) 1869–
Holy Innocents Episcopal (See St. Marks) 1871–1939
Mission of Our Savior (See All Saints Episcopal Church)
Mt. Calvary Episcopal (See St. Mark’s) 1871–1918
Prince of Peace Episcopal 8449 Halls Ferry Road, Florissant 1916–1970
St. Andrew’s Episcopal 4520 Lucas & Hunt Road, Northwoods 1951–
St. Augustine’s Episcopal 7039 Bruno Street 1888–
St. Barnabas Episcopal 2900 St. Catherine, Florissant 1957–
St. Francis Episcopal 201 Rue de LaSalle, LaSalle Institute, Wildwood
11221 Larimore Road, South County
2006–
1958–2005
St. George’s Episcopal Chestnut & Beaumont Streets 1845–1891
St. John’s Episcopal 3664 Arsenal Street 1841–
St. Luke’s Episcopal 1101 Sulpher Springs Road, Manchester
Valley Park
1968–
1904–1967
St. Mark’s Episcopal (This church was formed in 1939 with the merger of Holy Innocents and Mt. Calvary) 4714 Clifton Avenue at Murdoch Avenue 1939–
St. Martin’s 15764 Clayton Road, Ellisville 1965–
St. Matthew’s 1551 Bennett Avenue, Warson Woods 1955–
St. Paul’s Episcopal Lackland Road & Verona Avenue, Overland
Woodson Road, Overland
9229 Lackland Road, Overland
2006–
1912–2005
1907–1911
St. Paul’s Episcopal, Carondelet 6518 Michigan Avenue 1868–
St. Peter’s Episcopal 110 North Warson Road, Ladue
St. Stephen’s Episcopal 1400 Park Avenue          –2004
St. Stephen’s Episcopal 33 North Clay Avenue, Ferguson 1888–
St. Thomas Mission of the Deaf 514 East Argonne Drive, Kirkwood
1120 Locust Avenue
2006–
1890–2005
St. Timothy’s 808 North Mason Road, Creve Coeur 1958–
Trinity Episcopal 600 North Euclid Avenue at Washington Street 1855–

 

Last Modified: 05-Feb-2019 11:22