Webster Groves, Missouri, Historical Records
The area that is today Webster Groves in St. Louis County was populated by the mid-nineteenth century. The Pacific Railroad’s inclusion of stops in Webster brought further growth, and by 1866, the community contained four churches, followed by a public school system two years later. Webster was incorporated as a city in 1896 and has continued to thrive.
The Webster Groves Historical Society (WGHS) incorporated in 1965, originally to save the historic Hawken House, which was under threat of demolition. In the intervening years, the group has been collecting historic records donated by individuals and/or discarded by government agencies. In 2020, WGHS entered into an agreement with StLGS to share some of its records. As the records are scanned and indexed, we will include them on our website.
We thank WGHS for their generosity and look forward to a long, fruitful partnership with them. For more information on WGHS, check out their website!
Webster Groves Historic Records
Last Modified: 11-Jul-2021 16:50