St. Johns Evangelical UCC, Mehlville
The following indexes and/or records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
|St. Johns Evangelical UCC
Photo by Carole Goggin
St. Johns is one of the earliest churches in the area. First known as the Deutsche Evangelische St. Johannes Gemeinde Zu Gravois Settlement (German Evangelical St. Johns Community at Gravois Settlement), St. Johns was organized by German settlers who built a small white frame church in the rural area south of St. Louis. In 1840 this church founded the local Evangelical Synod, then known as the Deutsche Evangelische Kirchenvereindes Westens (German Evangelical Society of the West.) They worshiped in the frame building until 1868 when a new building opened. In 1922 the congregation built a third, larger, red brick church to which they added in 1955 and 1970. As mergers occurred, in 1934 the church became known as St. Johns Evangelical and Reformed Church of Mehlville and in 1957 St. Johns Evangelical UCC.
Address: 11333 St Johns Church Rd., Mehlville, Missouri 63123
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.514263, -90.33828 View Map
St. Johns UCC (Old) Cemetery, located at 11333 St. Johns Church Road near Sappington Barracks Road and Lindbergh in South St. Louis County, is a historical cemetery established in 1838 on the grounds of the former St. Johns German Evangelical Church. Old St. Johns is open to church members only. Access Old St. Johns UCC Cemetery here.
St. Johns Evangelical UCC (New) is located at 4439 Kinswood Lane near Lemay Ferry and Forder Roads. This is an open and active cemetery established ca. 1840. The New St. Johns is non-sectarian and was opened in 1915. Access New St. Johns UCC Cemetery here.