Pilgrim Evangelical UCC (Arsenal Street)
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1914; closed in 1983
A group of women living in the Tower Groves area of St. Louis City met with Rev. Carl Kramer and urged him to organize a new church in their part of the city. The women canvassed the neighborhood to solicit donations and encouraged people to become members. In 1914, they rented a lot at Arsenal and Louisiana Streets and erected a portable chapel the following spring. The congregation raised enough money by 1918 to purchase the lot and began construction of a church. Although their original plans included building a two-story church, they never completed the second-floor sanctuary.
3325 Arsenal Street
In 1927, the church built an assembly hall and parsonage. They held services in both German and English until 1933. Pastors from the Evangelical Synod served the congregation, but they never joined that denomination. In 1935, they officially became a member of the Evangelical and Reformed Church. After worshiping at the same site for more than sixty-five years, the congregation closed in 1983 and sold their building to the Gethsemane General Baptist Church.
Location 1914–1983: 3325 Arsenal Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63118