Friedens Chapel UCC
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established in 1952; closed in 2012
Friedens Chapel was established as a mission church from its mother church, Friedens UCC in St. Louis City. (You can learn more about Friedens UCC on its page on this website.)
To accommodate the congregants who were moving away from the city, Friedens UCC purchased the Victorian-era plantation-style home of Dr. James H. Gibson and almost four acres of land in 1952. Located at 1060 Chambers Road in Florissant, the home became Friedens Chapel and served as a mission until 1955, when the present building was erected adjacent to the house. Friedens Chapel became independent of Friedens UCC in 1990 and remained open until 2012.
The building at 1060 Chambers is now serving as the Community Ministry Center of the Grace New Covenant Church.
Location 1952–2012: 1060 Chambers Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63137