Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church/Grace Lutheran Chapel
The following records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established 1889; still open in 2018
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in 1889 on the corner of 10th and Warren Streets in St. Louis as the first English-speaking Lutheran congregation in the city. In 1913, the congregation opened a new building on St. Louis Avenue at the corner of Garrison near Fairgrounds Park. In 1958, Grace Lutheran Chapel opened on Lance Drive in the Bellefontaine Neighbors area of St. Louis County. The same pastor served the two congregations. Eventually, the earlier congregation sold its building on St. Louis Avenue and merged with Grace Lutheran Chapel at the Lance Drive location. That congregation is still active.
Address: 10015 Lance Drive, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Missouri 63137
Church website: www.gracechapelstl.org
Location 1889–1912: 10th and Warren Streets, St. Louis, Missouri 63102
Location 1913–c. 1950s: 3117 St. Louis Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63106
Location 1958–Present: 10015 Lance Drive, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Missouri 63137
Grace Lutheran Chapel
Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church-1913