Zion Lutheran Church, Maryland Heights
(LCMS—Lutheran Church Missouri Synod)
The following indexes and/or records from this congregation are available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established 1883; still open in 2016
In 1883, the families in the Mokeville (Maryland Heights) area separated from the Immanuel Lutheran Church and formed the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church. They purchased three acres on Dorsett Road for a church and cemetery. On 12 May 1885, the congregation dedicated its new white-frame church. The church built a new parsonage in 1888. After worshiping in the frame church for sixty-two years, in 1949, the congregation began construction of a new church to replace the aging wooden structure.
They began construction by building a modest basement church next to the old church. In November 1951, workers tore down the old church. The church membership continued to grow and the congregation undertook a building program to expand their church home. They completed construction of a new sanctuary in 1960. This building continues to serve the congregation today. The older part of the church is now used as a fellowship hall.
Address: 12075 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, Missouri 63043
Telephone No.: 314-739-6121
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.7148724,-90.4407256 View map
For access to the Zion Lutheran Cemetery, click here.