St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Spanish Lake
|(LCMS—Lutheran Church Missouri Synod)
The following indexes from this congregation are available:
These are indexes only. As of 2016, we do not have this congregation’s permission to publish actual images online. However, this may change in the future.
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Photo © 2013 Phil Klasskin
Established 1864; still active in 2016
A group of German farmers organized the St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in north St. Louis County in 1864. Heinrich Penningroth donated land, stones, and money to help build a stone church on Columbia Bottom Road.
In 1946, the City of St. Louis condemned a section of Columbia Bottom, including the church property, in preparation to build a new airport. The church members were forced to move. They chose a new site for their church on Trampe Road about a mile west of the Columbia Bottom area. The congregation added an educational wing in 1962 with nineteen classrooms. The construction of the airport never materialized, and the original property site is now part of the Missouri River flood plain.
Address: 1121 Trampe Road, Spanish Lake, Missouri 63138
Telephone No.: 314-741-2485
Location 1864–1946: Columbia Bottom Road, North St. Louis County
GPS (Latitude, Longitude: 38.803531, -90.180361 View map
Location 1946–Present: 1121 Trampe Road, Spanish Lake, Missouri 631384
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.7879491,-90.2002987 View map