The following index and/or records from this congregation are available:
Membership directory from 1947
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional indexed data from these records may be available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established: 1919, closed in 2011
A group of Presbyterians from the Tyler Place United Presbyterian Church, led by Rev. W. D. Vater, organized this congregation as a mission church in 1919. They began constructing a new building in 1925, when they became the Southampton Presbyterian Church. They laid the cornerstone for the completed church in 1941. The church had an enrollment of more than 1,200 at its peak. The church experienced a steady decline in attendance and had fewer than sixty-five members when it closed on 25 September 2011.
1919–1925: Devonshire and Macklind, St. Louis, Missouri 63109
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5877951,-90.2862884 Click here for a map showing Devonshire and Macklind Ave.
1925–2011: 4716 Macklind Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63109
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5863572,-90.2864218 Click here for a map showing 4716 Macklind Ave.