Bethel United Methodist Church, Wildwood
Records from this church from the nineteenth century are, for the most part, missing. However, information about church subscribers was first published in the St. Louis Genealogical Society Quarterly, volume 29, number 2, pages 47 and 48, in 1996. Access this early information here.
The following indexed records from this congregation in the twentieth century are now available:
StLGS is following state guidelines for privacy wherever possible. Births/baptisms online must be at least one hundred years old; confirmations eighty-six years old; marriages forty-five years old; and deaths fifty years old. Additional data from these records is available; please come to the StLGS office to view it. As privacy limits permit, society volunteers will post additional data online.
Established 1858; still open in 2016
In 1858, Methodists living in Meramec Township built a rock church on Hardt Road and Wild Horse Creek Road. They worshiped there for fifteen years as the Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church South. In 1873, St. Louis Marble Company donated seven acres to the founders of the church, who were looking for a new place to erect a building and establish a cemetery. The group completed building a new white frame church in 1875. The congregation added an extension to the church in 1993. The small rural church continues to serve its members in the growing West County area.
Address: 17500 Manchester Road, Wildwood, Missouri 63038
1858–1875: Hardt and Wild Horse Creek Roads, Wildwood, Missouri
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5845816, -90.688713 View Map
1875–Present: 17500 Manchester Road, Wildwood, Missouri 63038
GPS (Latitude, Longitude): 38.5819976, -90.6662381 View Map
The church maintains an active cemetery, which contains burials of Civil War soldiers, slaves, and removals from area family plots.