First Families of St. Louis
First Families of St. Louis is a lineage society whose objectives are to identify, recognize, and archive the lineage of historical St. Louis families.
Here’s what this exciting program is all about. . .
Requirements for Membership
To apply, you must be a member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society. Any member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society who can prove a straight-line descendancy from an early St. Louis resident in one of these three categories is eligible to join First Families:
If you are not yet a member of the St. Louis Genealogical Society, find out how to join!
To become a part of First Families of St. Louis take the following steps:
- Download an application from this website (4 pages – 10 Kb) or contact the Society’s office. PDF files are read by Adobe Acrobat Reader® which can be downloaded for free.
- Complete the application with appropriate documentation of your ancestry. The new interactive Guide for Completing a First Families of St. Louis Application will guide you through the application process. Please follow all the directions.
- Submit the application, documentation, and $30.00 non-refundable application fee (check made payable to “St. Louis Genealogical Society”) to the Society office.
Why should I join First Families?
Not only will you receive a beautiful certificate suitable for framing, but also your family’s history will be archived for the future.
Appropriate Documentation Includes but is not limited to:
- Vital Records
- Cemetery Records
- Census Records
- Religious Records
- Land Records
- Military Records
- Naturalization Records
- Probate Records
- School Records
Benefits to Members
- All approved members of First Families of St. Louis receive the following members’ benefits:
- Family histories archived for the future
- A beautiful certificate, suitable for framing
- A lapel pin
- Listing in the Society’s publications
Imagine life in St. Louis 200 years ago . . .
- A world without roads, grocery stores, plumbing, electricity, or sewers.
- A world of fur traders, explorers, forts, log houses, and unmapped and unknown locations.
- This was your ancestors’ world! Preserve it for the future!
If you descend from one of the First Families of St. Louis, you certainly want your family’s Longevity, Courage, Fortitude, and Pioneer Spirit preserved and celebrated.
St. Louis Genealogical Society volunteers are available to assist you during any part of the application process.
For More Information, Contact
St. Louis Genealogical Society
#4 Sunnen Drive
St. Louis, MO 63143 314-647-8547
Want to Share a First Families of St. Louis Brochure with a Friend?
A copy of the brochure telling about this exciting program can be downloaded from this page in PDF format. (2 pages – 20 Kb) or can be requested from the Society’s office.