Presbyterian Churches
News Feeds:
St. Louis Genealogical Society - Search

Presbyterian Churches

Protestant churches often were named based on their location and if a church moved with the membership, the name of the church may have changed accordingly. The street addresses and dates in the following table represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and church histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.

Presbyterian Churches

Showing records 1 to 20 of 70.

ChurchesApproximate DatesYears Address TidbitsClergy
Baden Presbyterian 1882-1914 • 1882 - 7936 N. Broadway • 1904 - 8449 Hall's Ferry Rd. • This church merged with Winsor Methodist Church in 1914.
Beaumont Street Presbyterian 1859-1874 • 1866 - Beaumont (27th St.) & Morgan (Delmar) Ave. • 1874 - Merged with Second Baptist Church • 1859 - 23rd St. & Franklin Ave.
Berea Presbyterian 1898-Open • 1954 - 2621 Russell Blvd. • 1898 - 3010 Olive St.
Bonhomme Presbyterian 1812-Open • The first church was a log cabin, which was replaced with the stone building about 1841. The building was used as a church and school. The old stone church survives and is about one mile east of the current church. • 1812 - Conway Rd., Chesterfield • 1960s - 14820 Conway Rd., Chesterfield Clergy
Calvary Presbyterian 1875-Closed • 1875 - 16th St. & Carr Ave.
Carondelet Markham Memorial 1863-Open • 1901 - 1614 Menard • 2006 - 6116 Michigan Ave. • 1863 - 6120 Michigan Ave. at Bowen St.
Carr Place Presbyterian 1875-Closed • 1875 - 20th St. & Washington Ave.
Central Presbyterian 1844-Open • 1844 - St. Louis City • 2006 - 7700 Davis Dr. at Hanley Rd., Clayton
Clifton Heights Presbyterian 1891-Closed • 1891 - 6201 Columbia Ave.
Cote Brilliante Presbyterian 1885-Open • 1885 - 4673 Labadie at Marcus Aves. • A new Cote Brilliante Church was organized about 1950.
Curby Memorial Presbyterian 1873-Open • 1873 - 2621 Utah
Des Peres Presbyterian 1834-Open • 1834 - 2255 Geyer Rd., Frontenac • 2006 - 11155 Clayton Rd., Frontenac • The name of this church was changed to Faith Des Peres Church. Clergy
East Grand Presbyterian 1876-Closed • 1876 - 19th & E. Grand • This church merged with Tower Community Presbyterian.
Faith Des Peres Presbyterian 1834-Open • (see Des Peres Church)
First German Presbyterian • (see Peter's Memorial)
First Presbyterian 1825-Open • 1855 - Lucas Place • 1923 - 7200 Delmar Blvd., University City • 1825 - 4th St. & Locust
First Presbyterian Church of Kirkwood 1854-Open • 1854 - 100 E. Adams Ave., Kirkwood Clergy
First Presbyterian of Ferguson 1871-Open • 1871 - 401 Darst, Ferguson
First United Presbyterian 1858-1950 • Merged with other churches to form Trinity of University City.
Gibson Heights Presbyterian 1902-Open • 1902 - 1075 S. Taylor

St. Louis Genealogical Society · #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140 · St. Louis, MO 63143 · 314-647-8547