Episcopal Churches
News Feeds:
St. Louis Genealogical Society - Search

Episcopal Churches

Protestant churches often were named based on their location and if a church moved with the membership, the name of the church may have changed accordingly. The street addresses and dates in the following table represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and church histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.

Showing records 1 to 20 of 36.

ChurchesApproximate DatesYears Address TidbitsClergy
All Saints Episcopal 1874-Open • 2006 - 5010 Terry Ave. • 1874 - 6th & Cerre (Good Sheppard) Sts. • 1957 - 2831 N. Kingshighway Blvd. • 1906 - Locust & Garrison Sts. • This church was formed when the name was changed from Mission of the Savior. • 1881 - 11th & Washington Sts. • 1883 - 21st & Washington Sts.
Ascension Episcopal Unknown-Open • 2006 - 4520 Lucas & Hunt Rds., Northwoods • Early - 5872 Maple Ave.
Christ Church Cathedral 1819-Open • 1862 - 1210 Locust St. at 13th St. • 1840 - 5th & Chestnut Sts. • 1829 - 3rd & Chestnut Sts. Clergy
Church of St. Michaels & St. George Episcopal 1845-Open • 1928 - 6345 Ellenwood at Wydown Aves., Clayton
Church of the Advent 1960-Open • 1960 - 9373 Garber Rd., Crestwood
Church of the Ascension 1889-1969 • 1889 - 850 N. Goodfellow Ave.
Church of the Epiphany 1937-Open • 1937 - 2145 Dougherty Ferry Rd., Kirkwood Clergy
Church of the Good Shepherd 1954-Open • 1954 - 1166 S. Mason Rd., Town & Country
Church of the Holy Communion 1869-Open • This facility merged with Holy Communion Episcopal. • 1869 - 609 Leffingwell Ave. • 1939 - 7401 Delmar Blvd., University City
Emmanuel Episcopal 1866-Open • 1867 - 9 S. Bompart Ave., Webster Groves
Grace Episcopal 1846-Closed • Early - 2600 Hadley St.
Grace Episcopal 1860-Open • 2006 - 514 E. Argonne Dr., Kirkwood • 1860 - 216 E. Argonne Dr., Kirkwood Clergy
Holy Communion Episcopal 1869-Merged • This facility became Church of the Holy Communion.
Holy Innocents Episcopal 1871-1939 • (see St. Marks) Clergy
Mission of Our Savior • (see All Saints Episcopal Church)
Mt. Calvary Episcopal 1871-1918 • (see St. Mark's)
Prince of Peace Episcopal 1916-1970 • 1916 - 8449 Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant
St. Andrew's Episcopal 1951-Closed • 1951 - 4520 Lucas & Hunt Rd., Northwoods
St. Augustine's Episcopal 1888-Open • 2006 - 7039 Bruno St.
St. Barnabas Episcopal 1957-Open • 1957 - 2900 St. Catherine, Florissant

St. Louis Genealogical Society · #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140 · St. Louis, MO 63143 · 314-647-8547